Thank you to Sarah Pruys from Cabin Radio for highlighting our success in partnering with the iconic Hudson's Bay Company (HBC). Brenda Dragon, Founder and President of Aurora Heat, shares the history of her families roots with the HBC and the symbolism of this partnership.
Here are our favourite excerpts from the full article published by CBC News:
- “The Hudson’s Bay has a long history with Indigenous people and fur,” Dragon said, explaining why she saw the department store as a natural place for her business to expand."
- "Her family also has a personal connection to the Bay: her grandparents and great-grandparents worked for the store as bookkeepers and store managers. Between Dragon and her son, Joel, who also works for Aurora Heat, the family’s connection to the Bay now spans four generations."
- “In my case, I’ve taken a natural solution for cold and replaced the disposable product.”
- More fur warmers also means more employment. The partnership will mean Dragon can keep her seasonal staff on longer this year.
- “We have a number of younger people working with us and they’re very excited about it,” she said.